5 Card Poker: Casino Game that UK Players Love
There are many different versions of poker; you will even find that the same version can have different rules depending on where in the world you are playing. It is an exciting game where you are pitched against the other players; you will need to use skill and cunning to win each hand. Lets find out more about 5 Card Poker.
The origins of poker are extremely vague. Whilst some historians suggest it was started by a 10th century Chinese Emperor; others claim it originated from a Persian game in the 16th century.
What is certainly true is that it has become a very popular and potentially lucrative game. 5 card poker has proven to be one of the most popular versions:
5 Card Poker Rules and Game Play
This is often described as the simplest or most basic form of poker. This makes 5 card poker an excellent game for those who are new to all forms of poker.
This guide will ensure you can start playing in a moment:
- Most games are played with a maximum of 6 players. However, it is possible to play with eight although you are likely to run out of cards!
- Every player is dealt five cards from a standard playing deck
- The player to the left of the dealer places the agreed amount on the table as his starting bet and the person to their left places half this amount. This is known as the big blind and the small blind.
- You can then look at your cards. If you wish to play then you must place at least the same amount as the big blind on the table. If you fold, (give up your cards) then you are out of the game.
- You will then have the opportunity to swap your cards; it is customary to limit the number which can be swapped to three although some versions of the game allow all five to be swapped. You can place additional bets based on the strength of your cards.
- A second round of card swapping is completed and betting.
- The player with the best hand will now win the money on the table. If at any point there is only one player left in the game they will win the pot immediately.
The game can continue for hours until all players but one have either withdrawn from the game or lost all their available funds.
|1||Free Spins||Visit Review|
|2||200% up to $400!||Visit Review|
|3||15 FREE Spins||Visit Review|
5 Card Poker Winning Hands
To play 5 card poker it is important to be aware of which cards consist of the best and worst hands. This will ensure you bet according to what you have; or what you think the other players have:
- High – If your hand has no valid combination then it is simply known as a high card; rated by the highest value card in your hand.
- Pair – Two of the same cards; i.e. two three’s.
- Two pairs – Two of the same cards plus another two of the same cards!
- Threes – Three cards the same
- Straight – Five cards in a run; regardless of suit.
- Flush – Five cards which are all the same suit
- Full House – A pair and three of a kind
- Fours – Four cards the same
- Straight Flush – Five cards in a row but all of them are in the same suit.
- Royal Flush – Five cards of the same suit in a row running from 10 to Ace.
Having learned the basics of this fun game you will probably be anxious to try it! The following venues will provide you with that opportunity:
5 card poker is a popular online game. You will usually have the opportunity to play demo games for free to help you build your experience and tactics. You can then play at a myriad of levels and against players of all experience levels. This is a great way to test your skills and improve them!
The main alternative is to visit a local casino and play at one of their tables. This can add a little extra excitement to the occasion. However, you may find it daunting sitting with experienced players!
5 card poker is one of the most popular games for friends to play at home. Whilst the stakes are likely to be much smaller it can provide you with valuable practice before you play for real money.
This game is one of the most popular casino games in the UK; if you haven’t already tried it then now is the time!